Our aim is to help improve the health services in the countries where we work, so
that one day our help will no longer be needed. We do this in several ways:
1. Our medical advisers give their diagnostic opinion and treatment advice by e mail
on difficult cases.
2. Our medical advisers and other doctors visit our referring hospitals and give
freely of their advice.
3. We share with our referring hospitals new treatment protocols and articles of
important medical developments.
4. We pay for training trips to Western hospitals by doctors, nurses and other specialists
in the countries where we work.
5. We circulate a weekly newsletter by e mail to all volunteers and referring hospitals
with updates on the children’s progress.
6. We write annual reports on treatment outcomes of patients who have travelled abroad.
7. We analyse disease incidence in Kyrgyzstan to identify for Kyrgyz doctors incidence
rates and disease ‘hot-spots’.
8. We write reports on specific aspects of health service development which we present
to governments and health ministries, as well as our referring doctors. All reports
are approved by our medical advisers.
9. We provide patient information handbooks on the main diseases.